Monday 24 April 2017

The "Khell" Project


For a number of months now I have been working on my own project. While I have managed to create a base for the game aspect of the project on Unreal Engine, I have been focusing on the story parts by writing and creating 3D models on Autodesk Maya to help give an idea of what this world would be like.

The game that I am creating on unreal would be a top down space shooter with controls a tad like asteroids but with the enemies and other aspects from the bullet hell type of games. While it is only a shell at the moment its a sort of launch off point for my imagination and skills to take over from.

What you will see below are some of the 3D models I have created for possible use in the game but also just ideas I had for the world the game is based in. Enjoy!



The Bastion


- The Bastion is my creation of a large space station built around a small star. In universe this is used as a galactic hub where the government would sit sort of like the Mass Effect games' Citadel. Once textured I hope to use this model in some cut-scenes in the game as well as using the model as a base to write some stories from.


The Khell Cruiser


- This is my model for a star cruiser for the faction of the Khell Imperium. While this is the smaller of the ships they would use I thought modeling it could help give a look for the Khell. I would hope to use this ships as an enemy in the game and possibly a boss or sub-boss.


The Khell Transport Ship


- This is my model for a transport ship also used by the same faction as the last cruiser. I like to think that the gimmick of the Khell is that they have sharp and strange designs. This ship could also be used by pirates with make shift weapons and then used as enemies in the game.


The Khell Dropship


- This model is a first pass on my idea for a dropship that would be used. This could also be used in the game as an enemy or in cut-scenes to help move the narrative along.

Standard Plasma Rifle


- This is a model that I created for the purpose of being a standard weapon that most people, mainly the Khell warriors, would carry when in battle. As this would not be used in the game as it is not a ship the main reason I wanted to create it was to get an idea of the type of weaponry they used. The square underneath the weapon is actually going to be the magazine that would be loaded into the weapon when used, there is a slot for it just above where it is placed.


The Bubble Ship


- This idea for a ship came when thinking about what other races would have their ships look like. Ultimately I settled on a more rounded and sleek design than what I had been making for the Khell. What looks like landing gear at the bottom are actually gravity displacers which would hover the craft upon landing, and that isn't the only alien design it has. As the ship would be used to transport people much like a small shuttle it also has the ability to move the firing arm of the ship the while way around the ship, that section also double up as a snub fighter that can be disconnected in order to help the rest of the ship escape. The way you would enter and exit is that the entire front section would lift up and allow the person and pilots to get out.


The Hero Ship


- This ship would be the protagonist ship for the game, the ship is big enough for 2 pilots and bunks for them to stay in as well as cargo space. It still needs to be textured however I am still considering editing this ship with new guns and landing gear so that it can be animated.


I hope to continue writing as well as creating more 3D models and making sure they are of a high quality to be used in my game.

1 comment: